Re: Control Center Shell and libslab

Denis Washington wrote:

> Thank you for your will to give us a chance to "GNOMEify" libslab. It
> certainly would be the best if there is no need for any forking.
>
> One thing about the color: it follows the theme in some kind of way, but
> doesn't use the theme's default background color. This is fine for the
> SLED theme, but for instance with the Ubuntu Human theme the sidebar's
> color is a not very nice grey (see attachment in
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomecc-list/2006-November/msg00002.html).
> But maybe this is also a theme issue.

It's definitely not a theme issue. It results from libslab hard-codeding
which colour to use, rather than looking up the colour for the current
state type. This looks fine for the theme Novell are using, but as you
pointed out, does not look good for other themes. libslab also did
things like using gdk_draw_* functions, rather than gtk_paint_*, which
meant the theme engine style was being bypassed.

Anyway, I've fixed all this with my patch. I think we'll know where we
stand and how to proceed once we have the response from the Novell
design team.

-Thomas