Control Center Shell and libslab

Hi everyone,

Thomas Wood and I wrote a few patches for the new control center shell(see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomecc-list/2006-November/msg00002.html). Because 90% of the shell's internals are in libslab, the patches mainly or only involve changes in that library. My question now is: should we do this forking of SLAB (i guess at least my patch especially is one that doesn't fit well with SLED but makes sense in the GNOME context)? I'd say it would be best if we took the current libslab code and develop it independently from the Novell SLAB; I see no other way to really adjust the shell to our needs. But that's just my opinion, comments are really welcome.

Denis