Merging "Proxy" and "Network" applets

Dear GNOME developers,

I would like to suggest some ideas about "Proxy" and "Network" control
center applets.

First idea: What about merging "Proxy" (gnome-network-preferences) and
"Network" (network-admin) applets?
I know the first one is for all users and the other one is only for admins.
But I do not understand, why several users on a same computer would
want to set different proxy settings?

Second idea: Making possible to set distinct proxy settings for each
network interface instead of having a global setting for all the
interfaces.
This is useful for example if the wireless network at your uni/work
requires configuring some proxy settings but the local wired network
does not. At the era of NetworkManager, it would be more efficient, I
believe.

My 2 cents :)

Pierre