Re: thoughts on gnomecc

On 21 Jun 2001 14:49:03 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:
> >
> > Why do you want to use gnome-vfs here for ? I mean we can use gnome-vfs
> > but why do you need a module ?
>
> I want a magic preferences: URL and I think probably nuke the folder
> hierarchy and wipe out some of the confusing capplets. I'm not sure
> about that yet though.

the problem with basing things on gnome-vfs here is that you limit
things to a directory api.  thus it kind of sucks doing things such as
the task view.

it's not something you can't hack around; i'm just noting this here for
people to think about.

jacob
--
In the afterlife, a cute .signature will only get you so far.