Re: control center plans, etc.

Alan Cox wrote:

> > It now seems that we are going to have access to the configuration apps
> > via Nautilus (a bit like windows - and gets my vote) and through some
> > kind of dedicated shell like the one Bradford is working on.
>
> What about people whose machines are below the rather high spec nautilus
> currently demands. Is there anything requiring the component appears in
> nautilus and can't appear in a lighter framework instead if the user has chosen
> to run it that way (eg in the control centre)

No you are right there is no such requirement..  That is why I backed down.
My question is still valid though.
What is the default, recommended and documented method?

Maybe I should be asking questions like:

Where does Nautilus currently stands in the GNOME vision?
Is it currently the desktop shell? or not?
Is it ever going to be more than an optional file manager?
Who decides this?

But I wont ask them because I'm gonna shutup now :)

Cheers,

Stephen.