Re: location management vs. session management

Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com> writes:
> Seemingly the location manager is really just a GUI that uses the
> archiver backend. Since we have a chooser GUI in gdm, does it make
> sense to drop the location manager GUI and have the archiver stuff
> [with associated rollbacks, rollforwards] being per-session, where
> gnome-session defines the session ie. through the sm-clientID?

My theory is that the current location manager GUI would become a
session manager GUI; it lets you check which settings are per-session.

Then there's just one "named group of settings" the user has to deal
with. Explaining "locations" vs "sessions" to a user gives me cold
sweats. ;-)

Havoc