Re: capplet status

On 17 Jul 2001 16:35:58 -0400, Richard Hestilow wrote:
> * everything in control-center-plus: These capplets have been unchanged
> since the stable control-center, so they should be mostly fine. The
> enhancements might need backporting, since this is the first I've heard
> of them.
>
> * background: Mostly done. Needs bug-fixing for a couple of rendering
> glitches.
>
> * screenaver: Feature-complete, but buggy in its interaction with
> xscreensaver. I need to talk to hovinen about how best to kick
> xscreensaver's ass.

I suggest using a large, Australian-style boot. Give it several whacks
for good measure.

> * keyboard: I have a port to bonobo-conf that I need to convert to the
> new libcommon code before committing. It's simple enough that this
> should not be much of a problem. This does not include the merging with
> the gkb applet; that would be several days of work.
>
> * rollback: Needs to be disabled since not all the capplets use the
> bonobo-conf/xml archiver.

rollback also needs to be redone to work with bonobo-conf and the XML
archiver.

> * mouse: Works just dandy.
>
> * sound: Testbed for bonobo-conf backend. Seems to work for the most
> part, but I have no idea how hovinen is going to handle event sounds.

I'm not putting that stuff in the UI, since that's Metatheme material.
Question: does the Metatheme sound plugin handle the task of loading all
the event sounds during login? If not, I suppose I will have to add all
that ugly code in to handle that stuff *sigh*.

> * default-applications: This is the same code as is distributed in patch
> form with Ximian Gnome, so pretty much ok.
>
> * the shell: Needs UI love and HTML tweaking. Am working on it. Also
> needs to set the PropertyControl dialog titles correctly, I have code
> that I can modify to do that.

I thought I made that change a few days ago. At least, when I start up a
bonobo-confified capplet from within gnomecc, I get the right title.