Re: control-center reorganization in CVS

On 04 Jul 2001 09:28:15 +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> > I can't find a nice way to do it in the current control-center module
> > because different branches are going to point to different directories
> > with the same name.
>
> No need to worry.  Make a tag and work on the HEAD.  If a STABLE
> re-release is needed it's possible to make a branch from the tag.

That is not possible because we can't have two directories with the same
name, even if we use branches. We are already using branches.

For example we have this directories :
control-center (stable)
and
new-control-center

the new control center needs to be renamed to control center, so we need
to remove the old control-center directory.

we have 8 capplets named like :
new-background-properties
new-sound-properties
new-screensaver-properties

and they need to be renamed to
background-properties
sound-properties
etc ...

but there are already directories with those names.

> Sure.  Please don't create the next mess under a new name :)  Just make
> the tag and work on the HEAD.

It is not possible under the current mess to work on the same module
without screewing the stable branch.

regards,
Chema