Re: control-center reorganization in CVS

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:

> The control-center module is a mess right now, it need some cleaning.
> Some capplet directories are named *-new and some capplets are going to
> be moved to the -plus module.

It's beyond me why poeple don't use branches...

> We want to clean this module without loosing cvs history.

No history will get lost if you start cleaning a module.

> I can't find a nice way to do it in the current control-center module
> because different branches are going to point to different directories
> with the same name.

No need to worry.  Make a tag and work on the HEAD.  If a STABLE
re-release is needed it's possible to make a branch from the tag.

> So what i am going to do is make a new module called
> "gnome-control-center" . I think this is the cleanest and easier
> solution. This will leave the stable branch intact while allowing us
> to rename directories.

> Any objections ?

Sure.  Please don't create the next mess under a new name :)  Just make
the tag and work on the HEAD.

--
Linux Frechet 2.4.4-4GB #1 Fri May 18 14:11:12 GMT 2001 i686 unknown
  9:18am  up 12 days, 23:19,  7 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.06, 0.01