Re: gws release w. Dia

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Certainly, we don't have a release yet but when/if we do it will be of the
> latest tarballs, not CVS versions.
Ok. The next version of Dia will have some major changes, but I don't
know when it will be finished. I'm going on a vacation for three weeks
starting today, and some of the time i won't have access to my computer.

> There's some talk that it might be nicer to just have a good web site with
> news about and links to all the Gnome Workshop components, instead of
> making a giant tarball containing them. Most people will use deb/rpm
> anyway. So we may nix the release idea. Thoughts welcome.

Seems fair. Make sure all apps interoperate good, then just release them
like they were separate apps.

One thing i need for Dia is a help browser. I'm planning (some day etc...)
to create a html based help browser using Mozilla. This is why i did the
GtkMozilla widget. This is something that could be shared amongst the
Gnome Workshop apps.

/ Alex

Btw. Is there much traffic on the gnome-workshop-list? I thought i
subscribed to it a while ago, but i haven't got any mail, so today i
subscribed again.