Re: [gnome-women] help

Hello Zoe, please see my replied below...

On 2 April 2014 10:00, me <buptrabbit 163 com> wrote:
 gnome.org:

          Hello. I am a graduate student of China. And I am interested in
OPW project. I really appreciate the amazing work people engaging in FOSS
and related works, and I want to join you and be a part of you, making small
contributions to the open source software, to learn and help at the same
time. But I really do not know how to start. I found the instruction page:
https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeWomen, it says that I could send a mail to ask
information and get instructions about this projects. So I send this mail as
a try.

The current application period for OPW has closed now, but you can
still start contributing to GNOME now. Why don't you have a look at
https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/Mentors and see if any of the
projects look interesting to you?

In case you are not aware, GNOME.Asia is happening in Beijing at the
end of May. I will be giving a talk about contributing to
documentation and running a workshop to get people started there
(assuming my visa application is accepted). For more information, see
http://2014.gnome.asia/

          If I do anything wrong and anything inappropriate, please forgive
me and just ignore this mail.

You haven't done anything wrong, and you can also find many of us on
IRC: https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/IRC

          Following are my basic information:

          I am a junior graduate student and my major is telecommunications.
I program a software used to locate people in indoor environment with Java.
My last intern is in Hitachi company helping them crawling information from
the weibo and news websites with multi-threads processes also using Java.
         Plus I joined a competition using Python to classify big data. So I
know a lot of knowledge about machine learning. I also know C language and
basic linux operations.
        To sum up, I am familiar with Java, and know basic knowledge of
Python, C and linux.  I want to join a project that can help me get to know
opw and make contribution to FOSS as soon as possible. I hope that I could
get some instructions and suggestions from you. Thank you so much.

Best wishes

Yours,
Zoe Chang
April 2nd, 2014