[gnome-women] help

 gnome.org:

          Hello. I am a graduate student of China. And I am interested in OPW project. I really appreciate the amazing work people engaging in FOSS and related works, and I want to join you and be a part of you, making small contributions to the open source software, to learn and help at the same time. But I really do not know how to start. I found the instruction page: https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeWomen, it says that I could send a mail to ask information and get instructions about this projects. So I send this mail as a try.

          If I do anything wrong and anything inappropriate, please forgive me and just ignore this mail.

          Following are my basic information:

          I am a junior graduate student and my major is telecommunications. I program a software used to locate people in indoor environment with Java. My last intern is in Hitachi company helping them crawling information from the weibo and news websites with multi-threads processes also using Java.
         Plus I joined a competition using Python to classify big data. So I know a lot of knowledge about machine learning. I also know C language and basic linux operations.
        To sum up, I am familiar with Java, and know basic knowledge of Python, C and linux.  I want to join a project that can help me get to know opw and make contribution to FOSS as soon as possible. I hope that I could get some instructions and suggestions from you. Thank you so much.

Best wishes

Yours,
Zoe Chang
April 2nd, 2014