[gnome-women] Hacker School

Hi all,

Jessica McKellar (a mentor for the Twisted project for the Outreach Program for Women) asked me to pass this on to you. She had the pleasure and honor of being a Resident at Hacker School this past batch and had a great time. She highly recommends it!

Please consider applying for it and feel free to pass on this information!

Thanks,
Marina

Apply to Hacker School

Hacker School is a three-month, full-time school in New York for
becoming a better programmer. It's like a writers retreat for hackers.
Tuition is free, and we provide space, a little structure, time to
focus, and a friendly community of smart people dedicated to
self-improvement.

We strive to make Hacker School the best environment to learn and grow
as a programer. Towards that end, we have explicit social rules (e.g.,
no "well, actuallys," no "feigning surprise," no "subtle sexism"), we
aim for gender parity (our past two batches were 37-45% female), and
we host amazing people as programmers in residence who work directly
with students (last batch: Jessica McKellar, Peter Seibel, Alex Payne,
Stefan Karpinski, and David Nolen).

Tuition is free, and we provide $5k, need-based grants to women for
living expenses.

We value free software, beautiful code, and personal growth. Apply now
to be part of our winter 2013 batch, which begins in February:

https://www.hackerschool.com/about
https://www.hackerschool.com/apply

You can also learn about the type of people we look for and if we'd be
a fit for you:

https://www.hackerschool.com/blog/12-what-we-mean-by-hacker