Re: [gnome-women] Outreach Program for Women internships

I can help with some answers.

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
1. It seems the program is for Southern Hemisphere, can students from other places apply for this program? Is it a world wide program ?

We are targeting the southern hemisphere with this one and then we will run another round during the summer of of the northern hemisphere. However, anyone who is free during those times can apply, regardless of where they live.

2. How many interns we plan to accept this year ?
For now 3 in this program and 3 in the next one.

3. For a students, what's the next step after sending her application form? If there are 10 applications form for one project, is there further interview process to select the candidates ?

I'm not sure. But we do expect students to submit a patch as part of their process. So they should be encouraged to participate.

I also talked with Chinese company, what if one company want to participated/sponsor in this program?

That would be great!

What's the process like?
1. Do the company propose one project ?
2. Do they offer mentors to the project ?
3. What's the sponsorship fee like for this program?

It is flexible. If they have a project and a mentor, that would be great. If they would like to fund a specific project or task, that would work too. We can find mentors. Or they can just sponsor with funding.

It's $4500/student/project. We will take donations in any size.

Stormy