Re: [gnome-women] Outreach Program for Women internships

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 16:23, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Marina,
>
> I spread this message on SFD this Saturday. Female students in Beijing are
> very exited about this program. There are some questions from them and me;
> 1. It seems the program is for Southern Hemisphere, can students from other
> places apply for this program? Is it a world wide program ?

I believe most programs similar to the Gnome one (think gsoc,
ruby-soc, etc...) are international** in scope. On first read, the
word "Southern Hemisphere" in the flyer does sound like its target
audience is women-folk from AU, NZ, etc....  its presumably meant to
encourage them to apply in larger numbers as per their
school/university schedule. I doubt if its intended to keep folks from
other regions from applying, at least its not explicitly mentioned :)

** Most projects have FAQ's for information on specific country
restrictions, ex. Gsoc has a list of countries whose residents cant
participate. I'm not aware of specific Gnome project rules.

--
Regards,
Vid || http://svaksha.com