[gnome-women] Libre Graphics Meeting 2010

Dear all

My name is Femke Snelting and I am working with Constant, Foundation for Art and Media. Constant is hosting the Libre Graphics Meeting 2010 (LGM), taking place in Brussels 27-30 May. The LGM is an important annual working conference for free software graphics application developers and users. http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org

At past LGMs there were hardly any women presenting work, and we would like that to change. To make a start, we'd like to make sure that female developers and users involved in Libre Graphics feel welcome to propose talks at:
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2010/Submit_Talk

Talks can range from 5 to 30 minutes and cover technical developments and/or creative work concerning the wide spectrum of Libre graphics. For an idea of the kind of talks that happened at other meetings, please have a look here:
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2007/program.html
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=program
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2009/program.php

If you present a project at LGM, there are some possibilities for support:
- A limited number of participants fitting the criteria of the IFN (see below) can travel with a grant from the Francophonie. Contact us a.s.a.p. if you think this applies to you or someone you know of. - Through sponsoring and funding, the LGM-community gathers money to reimburse travel costs for developers that cannot afford their journey otherwise. Contact us in advance to see if you can make use of this; you will need to pre-finance your ticket.

If you have any other questions, please e-mail!

best,

Femke Snelting

----------------------------
Criteria for support by the Institut de la Francophonie numérique:
http://www.francophonie.org/-Technologies-numeriques-.html

- Developers/participants from selected countries: Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Congo, Congo DR, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Madagascar, Mauritius, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam
- If possible, equal representation of men and women
- Preferably can speak French

--
Constant: Association for Art and Media | Rue du Fort straat 5 | 1060 Brussels Belgium | t/f +32(0)2 5392467 | http://www.constantvzw.org

         *