Re: [gnome-women] What's the plan?

On 29/05/2006, at 5:01 PM, Murray Cumming wrote:

- How do we avoid this looking like a place for men to find women?
Would a code of conduct help?

YES. Plus a procedure for reporting and managing breaches of it.

At the moment, I guess that a whole beaurocratic structure to handle
problems would be hard to get going and would make this appear less
attractive. Plus people would tend to leave all "enforcement" up to the
beaurocracy instead of just saying "Hey, that's not good. It's really
against our code of conduct".

I think Ubuntu's code of conduct is successful because of the expectations
that it creates rather than the organizational structure it creates. I
would like GNOME's Code Of Conduct to be simpler.

I don't mean anything heavy or detailed. But you do need somewhere to start. If someone is threatened or hurt in some way, they need to have some way to tell us about it.