Contributing Translations to the GNOME Wiki (was Re: [gnome-women] Um, where is the G-W wiki?)

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 16:58 -0400, M��Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 17:59 +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> >  The
> > wiki is evidently partly translated into my language, but there are
> > errors, and quite a bit untranslated. Do you know where I would go to
> > work on the translation? I want to make it easier for other
> > Vietnamese women coming here.
>
> I created a new OpenQuestion on how to submit translations of the wiki
> (see http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLiveWiki)- I'm going to ask around to
> see if I can find this out for you, though.

Ok, so I asked jdub about this - basically, there isn't any built-in way
of adding translations to moinmoin wikis. He is actually looking into
developing such a feature himself. In the meantime, he suggested we use
wiki subpages for adding translations to pages in the wiki. The
"standard" we could use for naming the subpages is [language
code][language name] like so: ViVietnamese. Also, we should provide
links to the translation of each translated page on the bottom.

So, for example, on the bottom of http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen I
added a link to "GnomeWomen/ViVietnamese" - the "GnomeWomen/" is added
to the beginning rather than just using ViVietnamese. This allows the
creation of a ViVietnamese subpage underneath the main GnomeWomen page.

So anyway, Clytie, there is a page set up off of GnomeWomen (on the
bottom) so you could go ahead and start translating the GnomeWomen page.
What you should do is copy/paste the page content from an editing screen
(so you get the wiki formatting); then, wherever there are links to
other pages (for example, on GnomeWomen you added the page
GnomeWomenTrans) add a "/ViVietnamese" to the end, so you'd change
GnomeWomenTrans to GnomeWomenTrans/ViVietnamese in the Vietnamese
translation page (GnomeWomen/ViVietnamese).

Does this make sense? Let me know if you need any clarification! I think
it'll make sense if you take a look at GnomeWomen now.

~m