Re: [gnome-women] Um, where is the G-W wiki?

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 17:59 +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> There is a link called UserPreferences, but the pencil and paper icon
> is for editing the current page.

Ugh, yeah my bad, there isn't even an icon for logging in. You just have
to be lucky enough to see the link to UserPreferences on the bottom of
the front page.

>  The
> wiki is evidently partly translated into my language, but there are
> errors, and quite a bit untranslated. Do you know where I would go to
> work on the translation? I want to make it easier for other
> Vietnamese women coming here.

I created a new OpenQuestion on how to submit translations of the wiki
(see http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLiveWiki)- I'm going to ask around to
see if I can find this out for you, though.

> Thankyou, I don't think I could have worked it out without your help!
> What a weird wiki setup. Which wiki is it? I think I saw a moinmoin
> error message when I was searching: that's not a wiki I've personally
> translated, and I don't think I've used it yet. All learning time. :)

Yep, after looking around a bit I verified it is moinmoin.

> Boy, did it end up a _lot_ longer than I thought. At least, there
> should be anchors in the wiki. I didn't realize how much I'd had to
> learn at Gnome, which wasn't easy to find. I hope I've saved other
> people the same blundering about. :)

It looks really good - thorough, very encouraging, and I'm sure really
helpful for getting up and running in translation. You may want to break
it up into some subpages - It might be a little intimidating for
newcomers to see just how much they need to learn all at once o_O.

I added a list of anchors to the article for you - the tag to do this
automagically is [[TableOfContents]]. :-)

~m