Hugely inefficient use of screen space on developer.gnome.org

Hi,

I make use of the Gnome website on a regular basis for referencing
various API documentation, and I would like to protest the recent
styling changes which make the site nearly unusable because of the small
amount of text that can fit on the screen.  Please look at this screenshot:

http://www.box.net/shared/upmu8fcbpo

This is a maximized browser window on a fairly standard 1280x800 laptop
screen.  The website is not zoomed in in any way.  Note that there are
nine (9) lines of text content on the screen.  In the days of the
dinosaurs, my dad's 286 had, if I remember correctly, an EGA card
driving a CRT monitor smaller than my laptop screen, and could show 25
lines of text.  Now I am looking at approximately a third of that.

This is ridiculous.  Please make the website usable again.

Thank you for your consideration.

-- John Lindgren