Re: orphan pages on live.gnome.org

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 08:50:43AM -0700, Adam Dingle wrote:
> OK - I just checked the MoinMoin documentation and found there should be
> TitleIndex page listing all pages.  I just tried visiting this at
> live.gnome.org and found the page is protected ("You are not allowed to view
> this page"), so perhaps this has been intentionally disabled - is that so?

Disabled on purpose; that page is very slow to access and is extremely
popular with robots.

OK - good to know.  But then regarding my first point, if I or others would like to work on linking orphan pages into our existing wiki structure, how can I possibly find out what those pages might be?  Some ideas:

- I noticed that MoinMoin has a page called OrphanedPages which lists exactly those pages which are orphaned.  This page is also currently disabled.  If it could be enabled, that would be good enough for this purpose even if we don't enable TitleIndex.

- Alternatively, could the TitleIndex page be enabled only for people who have logged in, or statically generated periodically to avoid slowing down the server?

- Is it possible to download the wiki content as a tarball or via git? If so it wouldn't be hard to generate a list of orphan pages offline.

Might any of these be possible?

adam