About the translation workflow for GNOME.org on top of WordPress

Hey there guys.

I'm the guy who is finishing the wordPress implementation of the new
website. The ongoing process is available at http://wptest.gnome.org/.

During the Fórum GNOME here in Brazil I sat down with a couple of
developers (thank you lincoln, everaldo, fredp and jwendell!) to
discover how to nicely put the website translations under po files
right on damned lies.

The idea we had is to separate translation from the wordpress
administration. Translators will use their regular tools such as
damned lies, po files and the website will take care of the rest.

The current status is that we know all the plans and all the details
to make it work transparently and code is being created right now. In
fact it is even simpler than we thought.

In the next days we'll come up with something.

Regarding the whole status of the website, the only missing part
besides the translation workflow is related with the page content and
the products section, which not necessarily needs to enter right on
the first release (but still is not hard to implement).

Thank you. ;)

--
Vinicius Depizzol <vdepizzol gmail com>
http://vinicius.depizzol.com.br