Re: Website - Pending Content Tasks

Hi Lucas,

On Sat, 2010-02-20 at 11:54 +0000, Lucas Rocha wrote:
> Hi Jaap,
>
> 2010/2/20 Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Maybe I missed a part of a discussion somewhere but the page says "The
> > GNOME live images contain the latest and greatest GNOME software"
> > but we are offering images based on GNOME 2.26 which is almost a year
> > old. So it's not really latest and greatest.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to offer latest live release of Ubuntu, Fedora
> > etc. Maybe even the development releases of those distros such that
> > people can really test the latest and greates
>
> Maybe we could ping the right people to get updated images with the
> latest GNOME release. I agree we should just point to live releases of
> major distros in case we don't manage to get our own updated images.
>
> Volunteering to take this task? :-)
>
> --lucasr

Sorry, I should have mentioned it:  I pinged Ken VanDine mid-last week,
and he is going to work with Zhang Sen next who is the new maintainer of
the GNOME live images created on the rPath platform.  (I also copied
Vincent Untz as a backup plan if we need to move to the SUSE Build
Service instead).

I'm hopeful we'll have 2.30 images available at release.

Paul