Re: GNOME.org update

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 21:04 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 11:54 +0200, Paul Cutler wrote:
> >
> > There has been some discussion about switching away from Plone at
> > GUADEC
> > and a demo of the new site running in Wordpress was shown this week.
> > Our largest blocker has always been localization support and the demo
> > did include basic localization support.
>
> Hang on. This is rather brief. Does it just allow translated text to be
> entered, or can it show when, and where, translations need to be updated
> when the original text changes? Does it show how much of the site is
> translated for a language already? If it can't do this (and if it never
> will) then I don't see how it can be good enough for the long term.

That's why we'll get a demo site up and compare and review.  Even basic
localization support that doesn't address your concerns above is better
than what we have today on gnome.org (which is none) and I think we need
to be honest with ourselves about the progress the Plone site has (or
has not) made over the last year or two.

Paul