Re: Regarding commit access for the GUADEC websites

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 20:38 +0200, Sense Hofstede wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When the current GUADEC website[1] was set up it was decided -- or at
> least the wish was expressed -- that the website should be something
> reusable. We wanted something that doesn't get thrown away next year.
> We ended up using OCS, Open Conference Systems[2].
>
> Because keeping the website in a share repository would easy
> maintenance and share our adaptations with the world we would like to
> have the website published at git.gnome.org. There is already an
> 'guadec-web' module, but the code in that repository is not used and
> doesn't seem to contain much of use. Maybe we could use that module.
>
> Most of you have probably never heard of me before. I'm the webmaster
> for GUADEC 2010 and the reason I'm sending this mail is that I would
> like to request commit access. I requested it earlier today on Mango,
> but I got a quick reply from Murray Cumming asking me to first discuss
> the mater on the gnome-web-list mailing list. (I'm CC'ing
> guadec-planning on Germán's request.) I know that the documentation
> says that you have to contributed a reasonable amount of code already.
> I hope that would not be too much of a problem, because it would be a
> bit hard for me to push a whole new site to GIT merely by sending
> patches.
>
> What do you think?
>
> [1] http://guadec.org/
> [2 ]http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ocs
>
> Kind regards,

Sense,

Thanks for the email and volunteering to maintain the 2010 GUADEC Site.

I've spoken with Germán and appreciate you sending an email to ask about
access.  We'll get your account created and if you have any questions on
the guadec-module please let the list know.

Paul