Re: List of Plone content types

To address your questions, though I'm sure there are others who may
have better answers.

You have the key concepts, content types and views.

The frontpage could either be a custom "view" on a standard page or
make use of a special system called "Collage" that composites content
together. One of the collage guys is on this list I believe (Jens), so
he will probably be happy to advocate for that approach.

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need to define a list of content types which should be implemented
> for the first release of the website. IIUC, content types, in Plone
> lingo, are basically the types of content objects (events, news,
> pages, images, etc) which should have a custom display in our website.
>
> My guess (which still depends on what exactly the content will look
> like) is that we'll be surely working with those content types in the
> 2.28 release:
>  - Page (title, intro, content)
>  - News (date, title, intro, content)
>  - Front page (banner, news entries, intro, content, promo banners,
> promo texts, etc)
>
> Anything else?
I would suggest:

Collections (think smart searches)
Folders

> Some notes/questions to CMS guys:
>  - Not sure Front page is actually a content type in Plone terms
>  - I guess pages can have subpages, right?
Plone uses folders which can hold pages, that's how heirarchy is acheived.

>  - Should we consider pages with different layouts as different
> content types? For example, page with "banner + two text columns", or
> "banner + text", etc.
No. This can probably acheived with different views/displays or using Collage.