[wgo] i18n strategy and progress
- From: "Jens W. Klein" <jens bluedynamics com>
- To: gnome-web-list gnome org
- Subject: [wgo] i18n strategy and progress
- Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:08:21 +0000 (UTC)
just a small update:
We proposed a solution  which is simple enough for both sides:
translators get just a GIT with POT/PO files, at Plone side we're using
LinguaPlone as usal and need to add a thin automation-layer, also we need
to add a small webservice for pulling/pushing translations.
The posting at gnome-18n  list didnt received the amount of response
I'd expect. Translators itself arent interested very much - which I can
understand. The minority of technical people didnt understand the problem
well. Anyway, there wasnt any good result.
What I can do now is:
1) to start writing the neccessary code for Plone.
2) Second task is to write the code for pushing/pulling the code.
3) Third is to write some kind of xml2po-extension.
I can do (1)+(2). For (3) I really need help or better a person familar
with xml2po and a person familar with GIT.
I think translators step on translating all, as soon as they have it in
GIT. They are not interested in any way to think about the technical
best regards and have a nice weekend!
Jens W. Klein - Klein & Partner KEG - BlueDynamics Alliance
] [Thread Prev