New Website layout

Hi,

I'd like to help out on refreshing the GNOME website.
Right now I think the current website doesn't reflect the quality of
the GNOME desktop environment.
It looks old, boring, and the GNOME logo isn't even used. Also a lot
of link titles are different but refer to one page.
The way text expands makes content hard to read on a widescreen.

I have made a mockup for the main page that can be found here:
http://www.bomahy.nl/hylke/wip/gnome-website-mockup.png
Comments welcome, things can still be rearraged and tweaked.

I have a lot of experience building websites, so if you like the
design I can make it happen pretty quick.

Hylke