Re: Plone: Bugzilla/Tasklist

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 01:49 +0100, Carsten Senger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've sighted the bugs for www.gnome.org/beta in bugzilla and added many
> of them to the Tasks at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsSetup.
> (Is there an wiki-makro to easily insert bugs into a page and
> automatically mark them as resolved?)

No, but duplicating the bugzilla database in a wiki is not very useful
in general.

> To structure the bugzilla-listings I purpose the following changes to
> the tickets:
> - Every summary should be prefixed with the Topic it's about. If someone
>    classifies a ticket, he can change the Prefix/Summary to clear
>    things. The following prefixes can be used for now:
>    - Deployment
>    - Theme
>    - Content (of pages that are written by the Gnome Project)
>    - i18n
>    - Templates (Things that should be shown or dropped)

Sounds good.

> - Use the Target Milestone to order Bugs like the Tasks on
>    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsSetup are ordered now, Priority to
>    order Tasks within there and Servity to mark the importance for wgo.
> - Use the keyword "gnome-love" to mark tickets that are easy to work on
>    for new developers

Sure.

> It's time-consuming to maintain a tasklist in the wiki that contain many
> links to bugzilla and needs many edits to assign tasks and mark them
> done. We should move the tasks to bugzilla and only keep a list of
> Milestones with a general description and a link to a bugzilla-search in
> the wiki.
>
> If we can agree on this and I can get permissions in bugzilla, I can
> bring bugzilla up to date and move the tasks over.

I have added you to the "Developers" list for the website product in
bugzilla. If that isn't enough, please email bugmaster gnome org , CCing
me so I can check that you get a response.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com