Re: Gnome Plone Migration Update

Christopher Warner wrote:
Yeah the problem is that you have to rework that code, Portlets were
completely rewritten from 2.x to 3.0.x. There should be several examples
available via google. Or from http://plone.org

Here is the stuff in a Plone 3 Product, if you do complete this before
me remember that the subversion pull is egg'd so there is a call or two
to Products.GnomeTheme in there that would have to be changed when
moving into the buildout. Also I renamed the GnomeTHeme and some other
random stuff but that'll be mainly making the changes to the buildout
which isn't the biggest issue.

That said, all you should have to do is dump this in your Products
directory and then apply it as the theme to begin working on it.

Hi Chris,

This Product works for me.    It has the header, tabs and footer.

I've added screenshots of this working on my install with no database:

http://jaime.hemmett.org/images/screenshots/screenshot_chrises_theme_top.jpg
http://jaime.hemmett.org/images/screenshots/screenshot_chrises_theme_bottom.jpg

It is missing the black bar across the top seen in:
http://jaime.hemmett.org/images/screenshots/screenshot_frontpage.jpg

Adding to what Chris has said the work that needs to be done is:

* adding the black bar along the top
* adding the navigation and any other side portlets need to be added
* When logged in the css isn't working correctly for the tabs of the menu across the top, nor in edit windows or anything inside:
http://jaime.hemmett.org/images/screenshots/screenshot_chrises_theme_top_loggedin.jpg
* merging these changes back with the egg/buildout that is in subversion instead of it being a product

Chris did you have this working with the example database? I am not too worried about the content that was in the database as it seemed to be mostly the same as what is on the current gnome site.

Jaime.