Re: New Friends of GNOME website

2008/8/28 Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>:
> We're working on a new Friends of GNOME site. The main technical
> difference is that you'll be able to set up renewable payments (i.e.
> $10/month) but at the same time I'd like to revamp the web pages.
>
> I've asked on the marketing list for help and gotten some feedback.
> Are there any design gurus, html wizards or just interested people on
> this list that would like to help? I've attached our thoughts so far.

It would be nice if the "classification" of donation accumulated over
time for people who decide to do renewable payments. Like leveling up,
I guess. For example, I've donated $10 a month to the EFF for 4 years
now. All told I've donated $480 to them, but my classification as a
donor is the same as someone who just started a monthly donation
today. It would be nice to recognize people who have had made
sustaining contributions like that. Even something silly like a badge
they can put on their website would be something that I'm sure people
would be in to.

I'm looking forward to the revision. I've always wanted to do
donations to gnome, but small donations hardly seem worth the effort,
and my cash-flow just doesn't allow large lump-sum donations. The
renewable payments would allow me to feel like I'm making a
difference, and be doable within the constraints of my finances.

I'd be willing to help any way I can. My design and html skills are
likely eclipsed by others, but I'm a pretty good writer, if you need
some lifting in that realm.

-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-