Re: Gnome Plone Migration Update

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 09:27 -0400, Christopher Warner wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 11:39 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Hello again. So are you(s) close to having something to put in svn that
> > I can do a test deployment of on my PC?
> >

> Ahhhh, I had a conversation in irc with Bloodbare/Ramon who told me that
> he would be taking care of it.. So I told him i'd defer what I was doing
> and asked them if there was anyway I could help. He told me that he
> would need help on PSC, I responded that it works with Plone3/Zope 2.10
> to which he said that it was hard because gnome people wanted some
> specific skinning on products or something to that affect. We also had a
> disagreement, or, at least he didn't understand on the way I planned to
> separate things into Products to get them working and then creating a
> new egg when it was all complete. So, basically this seems to have been
> his baby and he wanted to move forward with it in his direction so I
> figure that's what he's doing.

Hopefully Ramon would be the first to admit that he's not been
predictably reliable. It's not a good idea to hold off on things while
you wait for him. There's always the risk of two people achieving the
same thing, hence one person's work could be wasted, but that abundance
of riches doesn't seem very likely right now.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com