Re: The problem on the foundation front page

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 12:08 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Just to get it out of the way, I suggest rewording to... Umm, was going
>     to suggest something like "GNOME is Free Software and developed as Open
>     Source" or something, but checking front page right now, seems like
>     someone already removed that sentence for good.
>
> The gnome.org home page no longer mentions "free software".
> It also no longer says that GNOME is part of the GNU Project.

It definitely says "GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project" in huge
letters.

The one-par "What is GNOME?" says: "GNOME offers an easy to understand
desktop for your GNU/Linux or UNIX computer. Learn more about GNOME as a
whole..." and that links to the About GNOME page that clearly talks
about GNU and being Free Software, and NOT about Open Source.  I think
that's adequate and enough for the front page.

> Although the previous wording was susceptible to a misunderstanding,
> it was much better all in all.  Could people please put it back
> as it was?

Seems like it was never there.  Sergey really meant the
foundation.gnome.org front page, not gnome.org front page.  Lets finish
the thread now before someone from the web team gets mad at with for
committing to their module.

Thanks,

--
behdad