Re: [wgo] Products - Page structure

Hi Quim,

Basically, these are the issues/tasks:

1. Refine DOAP. I've been discussing the problems I had on DOAP mailing list, and we have come to a solution for all the problems involved (in fact, we will extend the standard).
2. Refine PloneSoftwareCenter templates to suit our needs (and workflows accordingly). If David and Ramon agrees, I'd put those modifications in the "gnometheme" product (especially the modified templates).
3. Add the modification proposals we have agreed on: basically, it involves the ability to insert Folders, Smart Folders and Pages into the SoftwareCenter folder ("/Products").
4. Think of a way to better handle the marshaling of Releases and DownloadableFiles, in order to make it easier for the wgo maintainers to upload the files and update the site (I was thinking of WebDAV).
5. Fix workflows.

There are some issues, however, which are mainly organizative issues. Right now, PSC trunk is evolving and there will still be some substantial changes in my opinion (I guess GenericSetup needs to be integrated ASAP if we want to use it with Plone 3.0). DOAP is ready, but I am having trouble contacting who is currently doing the main work in trunk (namely sirgarr) and coordinate with him for the merge.
Secondarily, we have to see if our changes proposals (point 2) gets the "Plone approval" or not. If yes, we will implement them in PSC trunk or in a separate branch?
Last but not least, our templates have to rely on a stable basis of views and UI. The problem with Gnome Products is that is a work that spans over three independent projects (DOAP, Plone, GNOME), and everyone has their rightful reasons and priorities, and trying to sort it all out is not all that simple. As I stated, it's mainly an organizative issue: the code is already there, or is really trivial to implement.

Anyway, I have a plan :D

1. I will fix DOAP accordingly to what I discussed in doap-interest mailing list.
2. I will post a mail in plone product-developement mailing list regarding PSC: it will be more or less a summary of what I've said in this list.
3. PloneSoftwareCenter is going to be worked on at Sorrento (for what I have heard/seen). There, having all the people gathered together (almost) we can coordinate better and I do believe have all the problems sorted out in a couple of days.

We can however, also start thinking at how to modify the templates.

Greetings,

--
Simone Deponti
- Oh wait, which ones are we Linux guys again, Rebels or Empire?