Re: Failure updating http://www.gnome.org/

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 11:19:47PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> >  waste on the server
> > (it doesn't delete)
>
> I don't understand. What is not deleted that should be deleted?

Once a file has been created in the final directory (goes from svn
checkout to another directory), it will stay on the server.

E.g. the figures directory for 'nl' takes up 2.2MB. There are about 25
languages. All figures have currently been installed. Means 55MB of
images that will likely not be used (because the filenames will differ).

It might not matter that much but it could have easily been avoided and
it is best if our backups are as small as possible.

--
Regards,
Olav