Re: Gnome-Plone

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 19:16 +0100, Simone Deponti wrote:

> > That python 2.4 tip allowed me to get it working locally too. However,
> > I'm just seeing a default "Welcome to Plone" layout rather than the
> > GNOME theme and our content/structure. What are the rest of you seeing?
> >

> For that you have to copy the database file into
> $BUILDOUT_HOME/var/filestorage. Just overwrite the Data.fs file with
> the one taken by gnome.jardigrec.eu (because we have that file, do
> we?)

I did do that (as specified in our README), and I've just done it again
before again doing "./bin/instance fg". I still see the default plone
stuff. Is there anything else I should try?

Could you give me a screenshot of what you see when you have tried it?

> > I saw these warnings on the terminal when opening the page in my
> > browser. Should we worry about them?
> >

> Generally, no, most warning were somewhat harmless (they refer to the
> Products section in the new wgo: is still planned to have it there?)

No, not at first. So I guess we should avoid these warnings.

> > /home/murrayc/svn/gnome220/gnomeweb-plone/trunk/wgo.buildout/parts/plone/CMFCore/DirectoryView.py:497:
> > UserWarning: DirectoryView DataGridWidget refers to a non-existing path
> > 'DataGridField/skins/DataGridWidget'
> >   (self.id, reg_key), UserWarning)
> >

> Seems like in the buildout we forgot to put this package in the
> required ones. Again, it is required by PloneSoftwareCenter on which
> /Products is built upon.
>

> > I also saw this small warning during bin/buildout. Is it important?
>
> Well, I don't know. That egg is what contains the default layout for
> the gnome.theme (the "skin" so to speak) so maybe that's the cause why
> you see such an error.
>
> In short, I should try to set it up locally and see what's wrong.
> What's the new svn repo?

It's in the gnomeweb-plone module in GNOME's svn. There's a checkout
command in the README:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnomeweb-plone/trunk/README?view=markup

Thanks.

--