Re: Requesting permission to link to your page

On 4/26/07, carole sheppard <sheppcas msu edu> wrote:
I am requesting permission to link to your page
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/at-types.html from our online
site for state rehabilitation counselors.

I am a little confused as to why permission would be necessary to link
to someone else's public-facing web page.  If you wanted to
redistribute the information or incorporate it on your website, then
that's a bit different.  In that case, we'd have to dig up the
licensing information for that particular document (my first guess is
that it's distributed under the terms of the GFDL
(http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) though I am not sure at the
moment) and you'd either need to comply with it or find the copyright
holders who contributed that document (most likely Sun Microsystems)
and ask them for special permission.

Could you provide us with a little more detail about what you want to do?

Thanks,
Elijah