Re: library.gnome.org status

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 12:15:40PM +0200, Goran Rakic wrote:
> У нед, 15. 04 2007. у 21:28 +0200, Olav Vitters пише:
> > On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 07:22:46PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > [..]
> > > For some modules it created files like index.en.xhtml. Apache expects
> > > the .en to be at the end (I think). Also, I do not like that xhtml. Just
> > > use .html.
> >
> > Enabled multiviews. Apache still doesn't like the .en before .xhtml.
>
> This should work:
>
> 	Options Indexes
> 	DirectoryIndex index		<-- without .xhtml

Changed it to index.html

> 	Options MultiViews
> 	AddLanguage en .en
> 	AddLanguage sr .sr

The main httpd.conf already had a bunch of AddLanguage settings, so
although initially I had that, currently I don't use them.

> 	SetEnvIf Cookie "language=en" prefer-language=en
> 	SetEnvIf Cookie "language=sr" prefer-language=sr

The httpd config suggested the following (which I added):
SetEnvIf Cookie "language=(.+)" prefer-language=$1 Header append Vary cookie
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/content-negotiation.html#better)

[..]
> There will be a script to autogenerate this file based on which
> translations are avaibile, but one first need to add gettext support to
> Python code.

I do not think such a script is needed.

> And about .xhtml extensions, that can be fixed by replacing:
[..]
> with:
> 	<xsl:param name="db.chunk.extension" select="concat('.',
> 	$libgo.lang,'.html')" doc:private="true"/>

I changed it to:
  select="concat('.html.',$libgo.lang)"

This because multiviews with IE made it always select the index.xml. Now
with files looking like $NAME.html.$LANG, and directoryindex index.html;
IE and Firefox will automatically show the right file.

> in library-web/locators/gdu/xslt/db2html.xsl (and similar for gtk-doc)

For gtk-doc it seems to put everything just in *html (no .en or
anything).

> I don't know why it does not pickup 2.18 tarballs. I will look upon that
> and other problems you are describing (they are somehow related to
> gtk-doc XSLT rules) when I come back from Zagreb (not before Satudrday).

I've given shaunm access to gnomeweb group. I think he understands the
problem and he is working on it.

--
Regards,
Olav