Re: Multilingual CMS

What I think would really be cool is if somebody could make a
screencast to show how Plone, Midgard and Drupal handle the
localisation stuff that is in question here. Maybe use istanbul
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting ) for this ? I suggest
all screencasts take the same general procedure and format (640x480
?).

0.) Show how page looks untranslated
2.) go to the right section
3.) Do the translation
4.) save edits
5.) Show how this changes look (go back to 0)

The screencasts could be simply attached to the pages under GnomeWeb.
Maybe i am missing the problematic point, but i think a screencast may
be better than beta sites where everybody plays. A screencast can show
the essential process and we can see how much time it cost, how it
looks and how easy the task is with the given CMS. Maybe one person
can do this that has access to all CMSses. This would also gave the
chance for others to indicate if such a screencast took the wrong
process.

Another suggestion:

Lets define how much people should express their readiness to work
with this CMS solution (on the CMS pages). I would say we would need
at least 5 users that definitely say that they know the CMS and could
do the work. This should be the pool that is available. I suggest we
dump all CMSes where we do not get as much possible know how. In the
end we might end up with 2 of the five to actually work, but if there
are less than 5 I would not even start to think installing an
international CMS because all possible work could only be
theoretically be made but there would be too few people to actually do
it.

Thilo

--
Blog: http://vinci.wordpress.com