Re: Empowering product Website in bugzilla

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 01:20 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> Since last December I have been occasionally taking care of
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=website . It's quite tidy
> right now, considering the circumstances.
>
> I think bugzilla is ready to be our only resource to manage bugs. Can we
> agree on this?
>
> We have discussed this in previous occasions. There was some reticence
> applying what is a GNOME norm to website bugs. It's easier to post an
> email and many people won't go through the bugzilla interface, it was
> said.

I think part of what makes it easier to send an email is that
people just don't know to go to bugzilla, or they don't know
what product or component to select.  I suggest every page
have a link, "Report an error", that goes to a simple form
which submits to bugzilla with the appropriate parameters.

--
Shaun