Empowering product Website in bugzilla

Since last December I have been occasionally taking care of
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=website . It's quite tidy
right now, considering the circumstances.

I think bugzilla is ready to be our only resource to manage bugs. Can we
agree on this?

We have discussed this in previous occasions. There was some reticence
applying what is a GNOME norm to website bugs. It's easier to post an
email and many people won't go through the bugzilla interface, it was
said.

While the statement isn't false, it has been also repeatedly proved that
bugs reported by email are as easy to send as to forget. Bugzilla never
forgets, and this is very valuable.

If external users send a bug via email we can copy&paste in bugzilla. It
takes one minute.

There was also a risk of posting bugs in unmaintained components, but
this problem has improved a lot. For instance, I'm forwarding to the
sysadmins bugtracker (support+gnome+org) the new bugs affecting "their"
modules, since they don't use to check them. Apparently some work is
being done in order to bring the sysadmins to bugzilla as well...

Let's have a look to the current components' status:

art.gnome.org 12
Thomas is more or less keeping it under control. He is the only one able
to fix most if not all bugs anyway.

blogs.gnome.org 7
Same thing applied to Olav, who is being kind enough to keep patching
our blog engine, unmaintained upstream since ages.

cvs.gnome.org 3
Owned in fact by the sysadmin team, re-reporting the relevant unanswered
bugs to their request tracker.

developer.gnome.org 2
Closed most bugs as WONTFIX. Prepared for the new dgo era.

guadec.org 7
The Birmingham team needs to take over.

live.gnome.org 9
Jeff is the maintainer. Maybe Thilo could help here.

mail.gnome.org 6
Owned in fact by the sysadmin team, re-reporting the relevant unanswered
bugs to their request tracker.

www.gnome.org 8
The remaining bugs will be hopefully solved by the wgo revamp. All the
wgo 2.18 testing will use bugzilla as bug tracker. The new wgo will have
a Website Feedback page that will probably link to bugzilla (to be
defined).

New components might appear as soon as we have new subdomains i.e.
library.gnome.org.

--
Quim Gil /// http://desdeamericaconamor.org | http://pinguino.tv