Re: Website donation for GNOME project

Well, I fear that the site "as-is" isn't much useful for gnome or plone. Aside from the fact that GNOME still has some mockups, and  a somewhat distinctive style, it's a matter of colors (green plone?), and other little details as the tab persistence (having the active tab shown differently from the others, which is very important in order to help the user in the site navigation).

But it's a very clean and appeasing design, and has some interesting features (note that the main text column rarely exceeds 80 characters, making it far more readable than the actual plone layout).

IMHO with some work and tweaking could be really useful for the new Plone site look, so it would be probably better for you to post this again in a plone-related mailing list.

On 11/15/06, Alexander Limi <limi plone org> wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:52:27 -0800, Bartek Rutkowski <r robakdesign com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Bartek Rutkowski and I am graphic designer. While ago I was
> designing new website for some project, but it has been closed before I
> succeeded with my job. The final result is a website. Nice one. With
> great design (I am proud of it:) ) very good functionality, xhtml&css
> valid, designed to be lightweight and fast. Here it is:
>
> http://robakdesign.com/metawire/
>
> I though it would be shame to waste such big amount of my work, so I
> decided to donate it to some OS project. I think It could serve well to
> GNOME project, of course after some fixes you would like to see there.
> So, what do you guys think? Are you interested?

I don't know about the GNOME project (I believe they already have a design
lined up for the new site), but the open source Plone project is looking
for a new look both for their web site and the CMS:

http://plone.org

(Plone is what www.gnome.org is going to use in the next iteration)