Re: *.gnome.org common header

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:31:12 +0100
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

> I think we could remove the "About GNOME" tab to make the GNOME bar more
> solid and consistent. Next to "<foot> GNOME" looks redundant, and the
> gnome.org frontpage has already a visible block explaining "What is
> GNOME".
>
> Then the GNOME would read:
>
> GNOME - Download - Support - Community - Developers - Foundation
>
> Which looks pretty clear to me.

 If you would have taken care about the structure written in the wiki,
you'd know that 'About GNOME' is not just a paragraph on the main
pages. In fact, it will contain all pages promoting GNOME to people
that are new to Linux desktops.

 We have put so much work into use cases and the wiki discussion. And
you just throw this away because you just had an idea.

 The whole attempt of genereating a global header from the needs of a
specialized page is ridiculus. The above suggestion proves my point.

 I'm not amused.

Claus