Re: gnome projects page

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:22:14 +0200
Goran Rakic <grakic devbase net> wrote:

> Is /projects even linked from the rest of Gnome website?

According to grep, it's used once, in the release notes of 2.14. Direct
links to project homepages are used rather often.

> There is an effort to create new gnome software map using DOAF[1], and
> informations including maintener, version, icon can be pulled from
> CVS. I do not know if there is an updated version somewhere.
>
> Also I do not know if software map and projects listing can be the
> same thing, with link to gnome-files for third party gnome-related
> apps...

There are people who are new to Linux and who visit our homepage yet.
[1] We should offer links for them so they can quickly find good
web pages for their needs. The 'projects' page is not sufficient. It
lists quite outdated stuff that wil only frustrate newbies.

If we're trying to merge these two, it will probably also just end in
confusion. I don't think that's a good idea.

Cheers,
Claus

[1] http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11165
    http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11172