Re: List of GNOME applications

In fact, I don't like to have comments for the Journal, too. The letter
to the editors idea is good; although I don't see how we could
advertise this to the users, and also make sure somebody answers.

However, the feeds are hopefully different to usual comments: First,
not too many people use this as a starting point for discussions,
judgeing from Linuxquestions.org so far.

Second, it could be a test case for other resources. Depending on how we
organize the web site in the future, we could disable comments for the
front page news (I believe Quim Gil wants something like this) and
move discussions to the forum.

This might be a potential model for footnotes, too. There's also the
possibility to replacing footnotes by a phpBB frontpage, I believe.

If it's not too many work for you, I would really like to test this for
a year or so.

Add a section called 'Syndicated news' just like we now have GNOME
Help, Discussion, and GNOME Art and make a single forum called 'GNOME
Journal'. That would rock!

If it's not working, we disable it and delete the posts. What do you
think?

Cheers,
Claus