Re: List of GNOME applications

Hi, Quil!

Good point! However, there are a few distinctions:

 a) Apps in GNOME's release packages (for example, Totem)
 b) Apps maintained on GNOME's servers (Rhythmbox I believe)

Consider that there are also packages maintained elsewhere but which
are part of GNOME release packages (ehm, Pango or GNOME's calculator).

The first question is thus: What is an official GNOME app?

The second question is: Why did you overlook ;-) the projects listing
from

 http://www.gnome.org/projects/

The "Products" page under the "About" section will have to mention it
somewhere like "For a complete list of project available from GNOME's
servers, see ..."

The meaning of the "Products" page is to examplify what GNOME does and
what the benefits is, "desktop" on its own is too abstract.

However, it's not the responsibility of the web team to care about the
web pages and promotion on all the various sub-projects of GNOME, IMHO.
I prefer to think of

  http://projects.gnome.org/

as a sort of independent entity. It would obviously get a sort of front
page that lists all projects.

Cheers,
Claus