Re: *.gnome.org common header - content and form

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 18:45 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:

> Sorry, I should have been clearer: what actual links
> do we want in these two bars?

As Claus reminded recently, the current agreement on
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb is to have the following links in the top
GNOME bar:

Logo GNOME      -  http://gnome.org
About GNOME     -  http://gnome.org/about/
Download        -  http://gnome.org/start/stable/
Support         -  http://gnome.org/support/
Community       -  http://gnome.org/community/
Developers      -  http://developer.gnome.org/
Foundation      -  http://foundation.gnome.org/
Contact         -  http://gnome.org/contact/

This collection of tabs can be possibly evolved/improved in order to
make it more consistent showing subsites only, but this is something
under discussion and new ideas are welcomed.

The subsite bar depends almost entirely of the "local" site. It
primarily needs to satisfy the subsite needs. bugzilla.gnome.org,
guadec.org and foundation.gnome.org will have totally different bars. We
might have some recommendations at most, for instance suggesting a set
of tabs for the GNOME applications websites.

About subsites like Evolution's, my opinion is that any website being at
*.gnome.org/* needs to have by default the *.gnome.org common header. If
you are an official GNOME project, you are hosted in the GNOME servers
and your URL is gnome.org/something this is the logical and consistent
approach. This is a clear line drawn. If a real GNOME website/webmaster
is unhappy with this (like Olav with bugzilla.g.o) then we can discuss
the exceptions.

A good common header shouldn't be an obstacle to any subsite, nor a
shame. We can get a common header useful for the subsites and so cool
that everybody will want to have it on the top of their pages.  :)