-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-web-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gnome-web-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Murray Cumming
Sent: Tuesday, 18 October 2005 8:32 PM
To: Hugh Buzacott
Cc: gnome-web-list gnome org; 'Murray Cumming'
Subject: RE: localization of GNOME.org

> Yes there are flaws in this idea. But please give me any suggestion that
> will be complete and will not go out of date.

If we already had a working solution then we'd probably be using it.

> How do you suggest that we do this properly?

I'm not a web hacker. But like Christian, I think it would be good if we
used a system that allows translators to work like they already do, with
.po files. For instance, we hacked something together to do the
translation of the release notes:
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/tech/2005-09-01-10-20.html

> What do you mean by properly?

Proper translation would allow you to update the translation when the
translation changes. And it would allow you to know how much of a site had
been translated and was up to date.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com