Re: Website update?

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 16:20 -0400, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
> I've long dreamt of using Plone for the gnome sites for a while now,
> especially with some of the newer products like PloneSoftwareCenter
> and PloneHelpCenter... but I don't expect to ever be able to convince
> any of the sys|site admins to do this.  AFAIk the gnome server family
> doesn't run any big webapps apart from CVS or Bugzilla related items.

My recent (first) experience of Plone with the old site
has really turned me off it. It seems far too difficult for people to
make changes, and enforces a far too rigid structure. The management
interface is particularly obscure and needlessly presents all kinds of
things as items in a hierarchy instead of organising them intuitively.
Meanwhile the draft/publish system is completely useless for the GNOME

Though the wiki overdoes it a bit in the other direction (it's not
organized enough) it shows how much good content you can get if you make
it easy.
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com