Re: Website update?

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 16:20 -0400, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
> I've long dreamt of using Plone for the gnome sites for a while now,
> especially with some of the newer products like PloneSoftwareCenter
> and PloneHelpCenter... but I don't expect to ever be able to convince
> any of the sys|site admins to do this.  AFAIk the gnome server family
> doesn't run any big webapps apart from CVS or Bugzilla related items.

My recent (first) experience of Plone with the old www.gnome-ev.de site
has really turned me off it. It seems far too difficult for people to
make changes, and enforces a far too rigid structure. The management
interface is particularly obscure and needlessly presents all kinds of
things as items in a hierarchy instead of organising them intuitively.
Meanwhile the draft/publish system is completely useless for the GNOME
project.

Though the wiki overdoes it a bit in the other direction (it's not
organized enough) it shows how much good content you can get if you make
it easy.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com