Re: Making better use of www.gnome.org/projects/* (and note about forge.gnome.org?)

On 5/12/05, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> Hey, Tom-
>
> I do think we should be urging projects to make better use of
> g.o/projects/. If you wanted to code up something like this (that
> would be optional for maintainers to use, and ideally could accept
> DOAP generated at other locations, like gnomefiles.org) I'm sure
> several maintainers would welcome using it. Given that as you point
> out several projects have recently expended a lot of effort to make
> nice sites, it seems like it would be weird to make it a requirement,
> though.

You're right, requiring it is a bit much.  Perhaps an opt-in
"project-folder: doap-uri" file in the projects/ folder in CVS would
be a good way to let folks use it.

Anyways, Edd Dumbill has a nifty little doap -> html app in svn which
looks like it would make a good starting point.  I'll get something
together and send it to the list at some non-specific future date.

-Tom

--
Tom von Schwerdtner
Etria, LLP :: http://etria.com/